Environment

Cardiff reuse store to help save items from the skip

Cardiff Council and south Wales social enterprise Wastesavers Charitable Trust will officially open their reuse store (The Cabin) at the Lamby Way Recycling centre on Wednesday 13 October. The store gives residents a chance to donate unwanted household items to the on-site charity shop rather than dump them in recycling skips. All items donated are […]
The post Cardiff reuse store to help save items from the skip appeared first on . Latest Cardiff News…


Mount Stuart Primary pupils plant 1000 trees for One Planet Cardiff

Pupils at Mount Stuart Primary school are playing their part in Cardiff’s journey towards being carbon neutral by 2030, helping to plant 1,000 trees at the school. The saplings were given to the school to mark the launch of the council’s One Planet Cardiff response to the climate emergency. Cabinet Member for Environment, Cllr Michael […]
The post Mount Stuart Primary pupils plant 1000 trees for One Planet Cardiff appeared first on . Latest Cardiff News…


Cardiff Bus to carry out environmental upgrades to fleet

Cardiff Bus has been successful in gaining funding to retrofit 20 of its vehicles, in a bid to make them cleaner and greener as part of its wider investment in to reducing its carbon footprint. As part of Cardiff Council’s Clean Air Project, the Clean Bus Retrofit Scheme aims to tackle air quality issues in the capital. Cardiff Bus took part in the bid for grant funding which will enable them to upgrade 20 of their enviro200 buses from Euro V emission standards, with 80% of the cost being funded by the scheme and the remaining 20% being covered by […]
The post Cardiff Bus to carry out environmental upgrades to fleet appeared first on . Latest Cardiff News…


£228k cash boost to increase tree cover and tackle climate change in Cardiff

Thousands of new trees will be planted across Cardiff thanks to a cash boost from Coed Cadw, The Woodland Trust in Wales. Cardiff Council will benefit from the charity’s Emergency Tree Fund, set up to encourage local authorities to make trees a central part of their policies, and boost tree cover to tackle climate change. After receiving a grant of £228,862, Cardiff Council is looking to plant more than 800 hectares of tree cover over the next decade. Natalie Buttriss, Director of Coed Cadw said: “Back in October 2020, Cardiff Council unveiled its blueprint to become a carbon-neutral city by […]
The post £228k cash boost to increase tree cover and tackle climate change in Cardiff appeared first on . Latest Cardiff News…


Health boards to receive additional funding to complete £17m programme of energy efficiency schemes

Three health boards will receive more than £10m in Welsh Government funding this year and next, to install new solar energy measures and help them improve energy efficiency across their estates, resulting in carbon and financial savings. This investment builds on £2m provided last year, as part of a larger £17m programme. The funding – repayable on an Invest to Save basis – will support energy projects for Swansea University Health Board, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board and the Hywel Dda University Health Board. The funding includes £2m in Covid recovery funds, earmarked for an ambitious 4MW solar farm […]
The post Health boards to receive additional funding to complete £17m programme of energy efficiency schemes appeared first on . Latest Cardiff News…


Cardiff company revolutionising sewage to energy conversion

Cardiff-based Genesis Biosciences has developed a new, cost-effective and low site footprint solution to convert waste products into energy faster than currently possible while drastically reducing final waste volumes.
The post Cardiff company revolutionising sewage to energy conversion appeared first on . Latest Cardiff News…


Cardiff eco-salon signs up to save our oceans

Cardiff’s first eco-friendly hair salon is pledging to protect our oceans this month as part of #Unblocktober, and they’re calling on hairdressers and customers across the city to join their green revolution. Amaryllis directors Tiffany Hall, 30, and Rebecca Ryce, 34, were driven to call for change when they realised how much waste from the […]
The post Cardiff eco-salon signs up to save our oceans appeared first on . Latest Cardiff News…